Keep the Information Flowing
Small contributions go a long way. Your donation to Consumer Action, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, can help us cover the cost of research, writing, and translation of our materials. To keep our services free for those who need them. Select an amount to give.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
The New Complete Book of Home Buying
Author: Michael Sumichrast
About This BookThe New Complete Book of Home Buying can help you find the best houses and avoid the lemons in today'schanging housing market. Information is offered on how to use the Internet effectively, whether to buy a new or existing home and what to watch for in an older home. The book contains many hands-on, helpful features such as checklists, mortgage tables, investment and tax strategies and tips for first-time buyers.
A home purchase is an investment—perhaps the largest investment you will ever make. First published in 1980, this classic guide has been revised to help you:
- Shop for the best mortgage, and negotiate the best house deal, to minimize your out-of-pocket costs while maximizing long-term appreciation.
- Create a checklist to make certain a house has the features you want, with no expensive repairs just over the horizon.
- Save time and money by finding what you need on the Internet, including directions to hundreds of hard-to-find websites.
More than any other investment, a well-chosen house is key to building wealth and achieving financial security and The New Complete Book of Home Buying can help you do your homework and succeed in a challenging housing market.
Support Consumer Action
Join Our Email List
- Help Desk
- Submit Your Complaints
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to Consumer Resources
- Consumer Service Guide (CSG)